The death toll has risen to six with one still missing so far in flash flood triggered by heavy rain and risen rivers in some townships in southeast Myanmar's Kayin state since July 27, said a latest release of the government's Information Team published Tuesday.
Four bridges were destroyed, 367 basic education schools closed temporarily and 3,675 acres (1,488 hectares) of paddy field are still under water.
A total of 79 relief camps were set up in Hpa-an, Hlaingbwe, Kawkareik, Kyar-in Seikkyi, Myawaddy and Kamamaung townships, accommodating 33,409 victims, the release said.
As water started to recede these days, some of the victims began to return home.
According to the release, traffic has resumed on the Thingan Nyinaung-Kawkareik road flooded earlier.
In Mon state's Bilin, Kuaikmaraw and Ye townships, a total of 4, 680 victims were accommodated at 34 relief camps. Part of the victims have also returned home as flood began to recede.
One bridge and one school were destroyed in the state's Mudon and Paung townships.
In Tanintharyi township which also fell victim to the flood, 1, 670 people were forced to moved to three relief camps.
Relief and resettlement work is still ongoing in these areas.